Dog friendly and child free, enjoy the peace and tranquility of a beautifully designed and luxuriously kitted out private shepherds’ hut with your own personal patio and bbq.
Perfect for couples to escape to, or friends to socialise with, or even use as a base for fishing, these huts are ideal and bespoke. The views are spectacular over our farmland and beyond to the Hambleton Hills. Drive three miles into the quaint town of Thirsk famous for its vets and farming community. The site has a mini shop selling a selection of Yorkshire goodies and also has washing and drying facilities.
The main entrance has level access
There is level access from the main entrance to:
• Morndyke Shepherds’Huts
Access with steps
There are steps from the main entrance to:
• Mini Shop
We have non-allergic bedding.
The (bedroom) TVs have subtitles.
Staff are available 24 hours a day.
Some staff have disability awareness training.
We have emergency evacuation procedures for disabled visitors.
Morndyke House, Brickyard Farm
Click HERE to see a detailed map for our location on the Find Us page
Travel by public transport
• We have a car park. The parking is less than 50 metres from the main entrance. Parking is free.
• There is a drop-off point at the main entrance. The drop-off point does not have a dropped kerb.
• From the car park to the entrance, there is level access. The route is 5000mm wide, or more.
• Car Park is at the entrance to the site
Path to main entrance
• From the street to the main entrance, there is level access.
• The path is 5000mm wide, or more.
• The main entrance has level access.
• There is a gate to the site.
• All bedrooms have windows.
• Bedrooms have wall lights, spot lights and natural daylight.
• Lights are LED and energy saving. Some lights can be controlled independently
• TVs have subtitles.
• All bedrooms are non-smoking.
• We have non-allergic bedding.
• No bedrooms have fitted carpets.
• Dogs are allowed
• No bedrooms have level access. The bedroom nearest the main entrance has 3steps steps.
• All bedrooms are ensuite.
• We have bathrooms with a separate shower.
Self catering kitchen
• We have an open plan kitchen.
• From the main entrance to the kitchen, there are 3steps steps. There is no lift and no ramp.
• The work surface is available with clear underspace and available at a height between 650mm and 900mm.
• The sink is available at a height between 650mm and 900mm.
• The table and plates have high colour contrast.
• From the main entrance to the lounge, there are 3steps steps. There is no lift and no ramp.
• From the main entrance to the shop, there is 1 step. There is no lift and no ramp.
• The route through the shop is 800mm wide, or more.
• From the main entrance to the gardens, there is level access.
• The route is 1200mm wide, or more.
• From the main entrance to this area, there is level access. There is a permanent ramp. The route is 600mm wide, or more. The entrance is 6000mm wide.
• Only a very slight ramp- about 3 cm high
• Walking sticks
• We have an area to charge mobility scooters and battery powered wheelchairs in the electricity green box or in the Shepherds’ Hut.
Customer care support
• Some staff have disability awareness training.
• Staff are available 24 hours a day.